Pre-Conference Seminar: Composites Market Outlook
Join our annual assessment of the outlook for composites performance in critical end markets. These presentations include in-depth forecasts for carbon fiber use in:
- 1:00-1:15 PM - "Opening Remarks" - Jeff Sloan, Brand VP | CompositesWorld
- 1:15-2:00 PM - "Outlook: Global Carbon Fiber Supply and Demand" - Myriam Yagoubi, Manager | Future Materials Group
- Future Materials Group will discuss the supply and demand dynamics of the global carbon fiber market. Our presentation will cover drivers of demand and how they affect different carbon fiber market segments, major players, recent and announced capacity investments. Our analysis will look at several scenarios of how supply and demand might evolve and consider the impact of potential market discontinuities.
- 2:00-2:45 PM - "The Meteoric Rise of Carbon Fiber Demand in the Wind Energy Industry" - Shashi Barla, Director of Research (Renewables) | Brinckmann Group
- The global wind industry is expected to grow by more than two and a half times in the next decade compared to the past. Wind Industry emerged as a competitive source of power generation technology in many parts of the world today. The wind project CAPEX (Capital Expenditure) for both onshore and offshore has declined by 50% since 2015. Much of this success is attributed to Wind Turbine Technology's evolution in longer rotors, taller towers, and larger rated capacity, the lower the Levelized Cost of Electricity (LCOE). Of the three influential elements, rotor blades are the biggest one. The blade lengths are increasing every year, warranting the use of carbon fibre in blades. Today Most Western turbine OEMs use carbon fibre in onshore blades and offshore blades. The carbon fibre demand is expected to increase from under 40,000 tons in 2022 to more than 200K tons in the next decade.
- 2:45-3:00 PM - Networking Break
- 3:00-3:45 PM - "Outlook for the Aerostructures Market" - Collin Heller, Vice President | Counterpoint Market Intelligence
- Counterpoint Market Intelligence will discuss the current dynamics of the commercial aerostructures market and the outlook ahead. Our presentation will cover drivers of demand, supply chain challenges, and potential future scenarios. In particular, we will discuss aircraft production rates, consolidation within the industry, scale-up post-COVID, and the potential of disruptions to the market (such as new programs and geopolitical dynamics).
- 3:45-4:30 PM - "Carbon Fiber Production in China: What's Next for the Industry?" - Joanne Zhang, Consultant | Counterpoint Market Intelligence & Collin Heller, Vice President | Counterpoint Market Intelligence
- Counterpoint Market Intelligence will present on the enormous growth and current market dynamics of China's domestic carbon fiber industry. Our presentation will cover the major players, capacity investment, relationship with the government, imports/exports, and balance of supply and demand. Our analysis will look at various scenarios of how supply and demand for Chinese carbon fiber might evolve and the impact on the global market.
*This Seminar requires an additional registration fee*